I have been off blog, as opposed to off world, for a few weeks. Lets catch up. I spent the week of Nov 13 at the John C Campbell Folk School in Brasstown, NC. If you are wondering what it is or where, click the link and check it out. They teach all kinds of crafts: pottery, wood working, blacksmithing, cooking and quilting for just a few. Of course, I took a quilting class. With Georgia Bonesteel from ETV fame of Lap Quilting with Georgia. She was a great teacher on ETV and was even better in person. The quilt we made is called Scrap Soup. You can make it scrappy or not. Mine is scrappy, coordinated, kind of.
Monday, November 7, 2011
A little blurry, but at nite the light is bad. What do you think of my crumb blocks. I want to put sashing between them, otherwise they mush too much. So I am testing sashing. From left to right: red, purple, black with navy below it, and yellow. I think I might go with the navy, since I have a bunch of 1 1/2 inch strips already cut the scrap box. Just thought of lime green. Will try tomorrow when the light is much better. There will be one more row down the side and then borders. Just ran out of room on this table cloth design wall. I have to pin everything on or they start falling off when I add new ones to it. Do you see the 16 patch black and white check in the middle? That is left from a border of a Christmas wall hanging that I really need to get quilted. There are 9 patches left over from RRCB, Bonnie Hunters mystery quilt last Nov. Wonder what her new mystery will look like. We will have to wait and see. The first clue goes up on her blog Nov. 18. Check out Bonnies Blog if you want a mystery that will turn out great. I have done 3.
Saturday, November 5, 2011
Customers quilt made from men's ties. A group of ladies did these and then drew names for the blocks. My customer won. They lost their house to a fire last year and the blocks were one of the few things saved. I put a spiderweb in one block. Every crazy quilt should have a spiderweb. Some straight line quilting and a few feathers made each block different. I think it turned out very well.