Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Crown Royal Bags

Everyone I have talked to said these things are a mess to work with.  Well, they are right!!  I am doing a custom quilt for a customer out of Crown Royal Bags.  ULCK!!   This is about 1/2 of the bags.

Here is the first half cut up into 4 inch squares.  I have one with the embroidery and one plain.  Dont you like the yellow underneath??  I am using that for some borders.  Will look good, I hope.

Center completed. Well, what do you think??  No pattern, just making it up as I go.  So far, so good.  I will be cutting up the rest of the bags tomorrow.  I did add another row, but will let that be a surprise.
This stuff is cheep flannel, it stretches and will shrink.  I washed one to see what it will do.  I also did the burn test and determined it was cotton.

Tomorrow will be working on this, again.  I am aiming for a nice size wall hanging.  Wish me luck and stay tuned for the results.

Happy Quilting,


Gurun said...

How's the bag quilt coming along? Lots of purple fuzz at your place?

Nicki Johnson said...

I make CR bag quilts, too. People just don't understand why I charge so much to make them, but I see that you understand, lol. The last one I made, I just made it up as I went, too. you can see a pic of it at www.porchswingquilts.com. Yours looks great, by the way!

:) Nicki