Saturday, October 26, 2013

Pursuit of Happiness

Another Gyleen Fitzgerald mystery.  Yes, I got carried away.  LOL.  Basically she was using us as pattern testers for a new book coming out spring of 2014.  My Garden of Eden and 2 into 1 quilts should be in the book.  I did not get Happiness finished in time for pictures.  Life gets in the way, sometimes.  I finally finished the top, so here it is, a wild thing at least!!
 
I am thinking of adding another hexagon and having it floating.  The background is 2 different stripes cut (or cuss)on the bias and pieced into the quilt.  Lots of starch and pins, but it worked.  I think the picture looks better that the quilt.  Maybe I am just tired of all of those strips at a diagonal??  now to find time to get it quilted.  Customers quilts come first.  Oh My, I have many UFO's that need quilting.  Maybe I can take Jan. off to quilt for me.
 
Happy quilting, Vicki
 
 

No comments: