Monday, October 26, 2009

SC State Fair



This past Wednesday I worked at the SC State Fair. Well, kind of. A group of us from Quilters of South Carolina took sewing with us and did a demo day at the fair. We had lots of folks stopping to visit. Everyone, esp. men were entranced with my feather weight machine. I love it too. I made to children's tops for our local guilds charity. I used Bonnie Hunters Streak of Sunshine. I didnt get too many pictures of the quilts. They were hung folded over, as you can see in this picture. The middle quilt is my husbands first quilt. He is quite proud of him self. It is king size and he came up with a pattern from his head and pieced it and quilted it on my longarm, all by himself. Except for a little coaching from me. But, I did no sewing or cutting on it, Just instructions.




The other excitement was watching the elephant get a bath. She looked like she was enjoying it soooo much.
Happy Quilting
Vicki

1 comment:

vivian said...

I wondered if that was your DH's quilt!! Way to go! I would have liked to see the elephant get a bath!