Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Back from Retreat



Good morning. I am back from retreat. Really got back Sunday late. I was pooped. Rested up Monday and back to quilting yesterday. Had a wonderful time. Had a great class. Finished all but the borders on my quilt top. I used a jelly roll and a 5 inch charm pack, background and star fabric were separate. Here is a picture of mine. Every ones colors were different and beautiful. The pattern is called "This Could Be Your Grandma's Quilt". You can get the pattern from Anita Bowen at Beehive Quilting and Design, at ongrain@bellsouth.net. Just put the name of the quilt in the subject box.




We were issued a Challenge in March to create an Artful Bra, for breast cancer awareness. This is mine. My husband has been in the SC National Guard for almost 30 years. So, the name of my bra is, "For Those Who Serve", May they be Army Strong on the outside and Women on the inside. You cant really see the inside, but is is lined with red lace. I cant put picture of the others, but when they get the pictures on the QSC website I will post a link so you can see them. They were fun and funny. We had over 40. They are going to be available for display in SC to November 2009.
Vicki

No comments: