Monday, August 1, 2011

Arkansas Crossroad

Dont  you just love the colors.  This is my version of Arkansas Crossroads.  I made a bunch of 16 patches from 2 inch squares and then the rest came together.  This is the 4th quilt from these scraps.  I still have more, LOL.  I am making 16 patches, with alternate light colors and brights, then will make pinwheels for the alternate block to add to the 16 patches.  That should use up most of these 2 inch squares.  I will have to cut some for the pinwheels, but not much.  I didnt buy any fabric for this quilt, or the one in progress.  YEA!!  a stash busting I will go. 

Well, what am I going to do with it.  My step niece just had a baby a week ago, so it will go off in the mail to her tomorrow.  It is hard to part with, I love this little quilt.  It is so bright and cheery, so I know the new baby will enjoy it for years.

Happy Quilting,
Vicki

5 comments:

Frog Quilter said...

Love the bright colors. It just sings "pretty".

Life Takes a Turn said...

Always love Arkansas Crossroads. Your colors make it so bright and happy. Great finish!

Elizabeth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Elizabeth said...

A little one should enjoy the bright colors! I love it.

wedding photography Melbourne said...

awesomely written must say