Friday, August 19, 2011

Wedding Trip

WOW it has been a few weeks since I posted.   Lot of stuff has happened.  My nephew Jon married Robin on Aug 5.  So, we took the train to Northern Va. almost to DC.  What was supposed to be a 9 hr ride was 11 hrs.  I was tired, pooped, exhausted, leg cramps, ect...... You get the idea.  There was this big guy sitting on the first seat of the car that snored all the way there, I mean all the way! except for potty breaks, then he would sit down and start up again.  It was like a chain saw or worse.  We got on in Charleston, SC and he got on in Florence, SC.  He was still snoring when we got off,  in Alexandria, Va.  He didnt even wake up!  Must have partied all nite the nite before.  We got the the hotel about 10:15pm.  The first thing I did was jump on the treadmill for 15 min.  I had to stretch my legs, they hurt so much.  Then a Tylenol and sleep.  Forgot, we accompanied my Dad and step mom on the train.

The next evening we went to the rehearsal dinner and it was great. Sat with my sister and her husband, Dad and step mom, us and a friend of theirs that came from Ok. for the wedding.   This is the Grooms cake.  Lord of the Rings theme.  My sister made it.  She did a great job.  The bottom was chocolate pound cake, the middle was yellow cake and the top was red velvet.  What a great cake.  We were on the 2nd floor with the Occoquan River running behind the  building, a beautiful view. 

Here is the Happy couple after the wedding.  This was during picture time, so quality isnt great, but I love it.  Isnt Robing beautiful.  I loved her dress.  The wedding was held at Old Bridge United Methodist Church in Woodbridge Va.  A great church if you are in the area.  They will be living in Woodbridge.  Robin is a teacher, 6th grade, and Jon is an IT guy.  Jon is about 6'4" and Robin is about 6", so perfect match.  Other stuff matches great, too.
Here is another picture with my sister, Terri and her husband Dave.  They are all good looking folks, dont ya think.
The trip home on the train was much better.  We made it in 9 hrs and no snoring.  I had a great time with my family. 
Happy quilting, Vicki

No comments: